My sweet puppy, Tessa, was put to sleep yesterday. She was 16 years old and was the smartest and most sweet-natured dog I've ever come across, not to mention adorable. I love her and I miss her. Auden expresses my feelings better than I can at this point, so here:
In Memoriam L. K.-A. 1950-1952
At peace under this mandarin, sleep, Lucina,
Blue-eyed Queen of white cats: for you the Ischian wave shall weep
When we who now miss you are American dust, and steep
Epomeo in peace and war augustly a grave-watch keep.
~W.H. Auden~
5 comments:
condolences love. at least he's in a better place. :)
I am sorry to hear this, you have my sympathies, may she rest well
Thanks, guys. 's much appreciated. *hugs*
A little late...
But I'm so very sorry for your loss :(
So sorry to hear, Kay. She was such a beautiful dog. Hugs to you.
L
x
Post a Comment