19 May, 2007

briar-patched

A while ago, someone email Neil Gaiman and asked about what his response would be to a really bad movie adaptation of one of his novels and he said, "I think if I didn't like something I'd probably take the Thumper (from Bambi) option and not say anything, unless I felt the world needed to be warned, and then I'd have to choose my words carefully, unless I really really felt the world needed to be warned, in which case I'd warn everyone as best I could, probably standing out by the entrance to the freeway shouting "Don't go and see the Anansi Boys film! They've made them all rabbits! It's now a caper movie set in a chocolate factory!" at the uncaring people driving past."(Here, if you're interested.)

And, as is the way of the internet, someone took it into their head to create such a thing. So here is presented, courtesy of the marvel that is YouTube, the preview for Anansi Boys, the film.



And those who haven't read the novel, you
must. Possibly the funniest novels I have ever read.

1 comment:

Nola said...

Oh dear. I laughed and laughed, especially at the last line. So funny! (And I haven't even read the novel!)