05 October, 2007

dragon: heart and breath and blood

Just to be clear, for those people who haven't entirely cottoned on to this fact (or have been slightly out of the loop), I am in love with Jon Rowbottom of Chesterfield, England (and if you don't like anything that some people would consider - what was the word? Oh yes - goopy (which I think translates to sappy or saccharine), now might be a good time to stop reading.)

I love Jon. I love him from depths to heights. I love every inch of him with every part of me. I love his strength and his courage and how he gives me strength and courage both. I love his warmth, his heart, his sensitivity. I love the deep care and consideration he has for other people, his generosity, how much he gives. I love his arms: those are good arms to have. I love how easily distracted he is. *impish grin* I love his talent, his writing, the stories he has to tell and the words and phrases he uses to tell them. I love his mind, what he thinks and how. I love his intelligence, his insight, his wisdom. I love his short temper and how quickly he recovers, how quickly he forgives. I love how he knows people, how he understands them. How he wants to understand them. How he understand me. I love that he can admit when he is wrong and stand up for himself for what he believes, that he can say when he has been defeated and that he doesn't give up on people. I love his faith, in God, in me, in friends, in the world. I love his delight, his eagerness to find things joyful. I love that he loves Christmas and builds blanket forts and has a mind as dirty as mine.

I love how he can make me laugh, how he comforts me when I am sad and lets me do the same for him. I love the way he makes me smile, how my heart lifts to see him, to hear from him, at every thought of him. I love his forgiveness of my flaws, his love for them. I love how happy I make him, how he glows and bounces. I love how happy he makes me. I love how we fit together, how similar we are and how different. How we work. How right we are. How we match.

I love more about him than I could ever express had I every word in every language and all the time there will ever been and has ever been.

I love how he loves me.

While, as such love usually is, our love can be selfish at times, even caught up in one another we are unfaithful to no one. We keep our promises, make time for the other people we love, endeavour to hurt no one. Our love is ours, is us. We are each other's. He is my guiding light, my sweetest dream, my most earnest wish, my most enduring reality. He is breath and heartbeat to me, skin and skeleton.

We intend to marry, to promise before God and the people we care about (whether they can physically be in the room or not, the promise will still made before them) that we'll be one forever.

I am home for him and he is home for me. Everyone on the same page now?

No comments: