08 December, 2008

advent viii: sky again?


So, I splurged when I shouldn't have and bought me the new Prince of Persia and can I just say *unintelligible happy noises*. It's so pretty and I had forgotten how much fun the Prince of Persia games are to play. (Also, it's sooo much easier to play with a controller than with the keyboard where the sudden changes in camera angles mid-run kept getting me killed in some places.) Bizarrely, though, it has far fewer general combats, making up for it with much tougher minions and a lot more boss fights which, irritatingly, you take all the usual time wearing them down to almost no hit points and then they take off so you can fight them another day. It's my one beef with the game - I thought the 3D-but-not-3D graphics were going to bug me but they don't) - but it does make sense in terms of the story of the game and the larger portion of the Prince of Persia games should always be the run-jump-catch-"shit-a-trap" element anyway. The banter between your character and Elika is delightfully funny and whimsical (though the next time she says, "we must hurry", followed by the game prompting me to have a ten minute conversation with her, I am going to see if I can get him to stab her. You can skip all the conversations, though. Or rather, just not talk to her. But... the achievements... the achievements. ;p)


Either way, I has the fun. It's of the good. Everyone should try it.

And I'd just like to say, having played Bioshock through a second time, this game never gets old.

No comments: