Update:
My health is the worst it's been in a long time but I'm still here and I still have a Dragon who is still looking for work and we are still muddling along. I've been too exhausted to write or think, too sore to crochet or sew, too depressed to draw or sing, too alert to watch telelvision on its own, too mentally challenged to watch television and do something else which is what I usually do. So I feel useless and unaccomplished and spent the last week playing Oblivion again and watching the new seasons of Doctor Who (thanks Steve) which went by far too fast.
Mostly I've been seriously over-reaching myself since well before the wedding, what with visas and wedding planning and staying up to all hours to talk to Jon when he was still in England and then the wedding and birthdays and sudden social life and spending more time with Ben and Lee and the kids ("you have to chase me," "you have to find me," "pick me up," "put me down," "pick me up," "put me down," I love them to bits and seeing more of Ben and Lee is great but intensive playing with the kids every weekend for a couple of months was a little much) and trips up and down from Sydney and now it's all caught up with me. Just in time for the second round of visa applications which means multiple trips into town and into the uni to get passport photos and prints of wedding photos and changing bank accounts and getting documents certified. For the first time in a long time I find myself longing for a weekend where I don't have anything planned instead of wishing I had the ability to go out.
I need a week where the rest of the world doesn't move so I can rest and recuperate without actually missing anything. Anyone got one of those?
/Update
My health is the worst it's been in a long time but I'm still here and I still have a Dragon who is still looking for work and we are still muddling along. I've been too exhausted to write or think, too sore to crochet or sew, too depressed to draw or sing, too alert to watch telelvision on its own, too mentally challenged to watch television and do something else which is what I usually do. So I feel useless and unaccomplished and spent the last week playing Oblivion again and watching the new seasons of Doctor Who (thanks Steve) which went by far too fast.
Mostly I've been seriously over-reaching myself since well before the wedding, what with visas and wedding planning and staying up to all hours to talk to Jon when he was still in England and then the wedding and birthdays and sudden social life and spending more time with Ben and Lee and the kids ("you have to chase me," "you have to find me," "pick me up," "put me down," "pick me up," "put me down," I love them to bits and seeing more of Ben and Lee is great but intensive playing with the kids every weekend for a couple of months was a little much) and trips up and down from Sydney and now it's all caught up with me. Just in time for the second round of visa applications which means multiple trips into town and into the uni to get passport photos and prints of wedding photos and changing bank accounts and getting documents certified. For the first time in a long time I find myself longing for a weekend where I don't have anything planned instead of wishing I had the ability to go out.
I need a week where the rest of the world doesn't move so I can rest and recuperate without actually missing anything. Anyone got one of those?
/Update
1 comment:
If you find where to get one, I want one. No, two. Hey, get me a few, just in case...
Post a Comment