05 January, 2006

sauntering vaguely sideways

For those who enjoy a laugh, for those who are fans of either Terry Pratchett or Neil Gaiman, for those who have read (and hopefully enjoyed laughing through) Good Omens, and for those who are glad that the apocalypse was put off for another year: The New Year's Resolutions of Crowley, Demon, and Aziraphale, Angel

An addendum. This from Gaiman's blog:

"In the Crowley and Aziraphale's New Year's Resolutions, I'm a bit confused by Aziraphale's Resolution #4. He says, "I will try to be nicer to the customers. They want to buy books; I want to sell them." I thought in the novel Aziraphale DIDN'T want to sell his books, that that was one of the gags -- that he had this bookstore because he loved books, and he didn't want to part with any of them. Am I misremembering, or has Aziraphale softened in recent years?

"Thanks,
Elizabeth S.


"Not at all. He's had Resolution #4 on his New Year's Resolutions list since the early 1870s. It's a Resolution, and is thus always completely and perfectly forgotten by January the 3rd."

2 comments:

The Grumbler said...

lol

Laurel-li said...

Glad someone appreciated. Love ya, dude!