Fool that I am.
For those who... care, there's this, this and this. Alternatively:
I'm sorry. Really bad month.
For those who... care, there's this, this and this. Alternatively:
The three stages of rape trauma syndrome are:
1) Acute Phase: The acute phase is a phase full of side effects. These side effects are common after experiencing rape. Not all women experience all these symptoms. Some may not experience any at all. Only half of rape victims experience the following symptoms: depression, nightmares about the rape, or sleepless nights, anxiety, nausea, and sometimes muscle spasms. These rape side effects may last for months or even years.
2) Chronic Phase: The chronic phase begins a short while after the attack. The victim may replay all the memories form the rape. The victim may blame herself for what happened because she feels like she could have prevented the rape from ever happening. She will eventually understand that what happened to her was not her fault.
3) Long Term Reorganization Phase: The victim may feel the need to talk to someone that she trusts about the rape. She will want to talk about the experience. She may want to attend counseling groups that support rape victims, or she may feel the need to recover on her own. (Sexual Assault Coalition).
I'm sorry. Really bad month.
2 comments:
if only i had my userpics, i'd send you one of amber. happy thoughts love.
You shouldn't feel the need to apologise. Thanks for the helpful links. I assume you know about this too, given your love of Tori Amos? I think it's good that you're talking about it—it's the first step to getting through all of this.
Praying for you.
xxoo
Post a Comment