Today I would like to whisper a public prayer of thanksgiving for and well-wishing towards my friends. You are, all of you, good-hearted, generous, intelligent and talented people whom I love and respect and appreciate very much and I thank God for you all, for your existence and for your friendship and all the various joys that both have offered me.
I would like to particularly mention three people at this time: Psi and Talen and Trav.
Psi, my boy, my love, who takes care of me when he is down himself and cooks for me because I am too tired to do so. Psi who holds me when I cry and when the panic overwhelms me so that I cannot tell him what is wrong and who wants so much for me. Psi who is so tolerant of all my faults and failings and who bears with me, even when I don't have the words to tell him what's wrong. He is mine and I love him, more than anything except God himself.
Talen, my much treasured friend and truly a marvel, who has shown such patience in my struggles to deal with my past. Talen who has given more than he has to give and yet keeps on giving. Talen who has been gentle and understanding, despite illness, despite stress, despite all the things that are on his plate. I love him dearly and appreciate all he does more than I can say, though I wish he would take more care of himself and let me try to help him as he helps me.
And Trav, a new friend and an rare wonder, who has given me so much in the short time I've known him. Trav who has given me the joy of his conversation and company and much insight into new worlds. Trav who has moved me with his talents with words and description and with his eye for beauty and meaning and poignance. Trav who possesses a warmth and generosity and patience and courage I was not expecting but truly cherish, an intelligence and depth of knowledge and humour I was expecting and hold in high regard. Trav who volunteered and keeps volunteering, who talks to me when I'm panicking and makes things so much better. *hugstight*
For all of you, I thank God and pray to Him for health and happiness and security, for growth and grace in change and good will, for love and the strength to carry on in adversity and the daily reminder that you are all good people of extraordinary talents.
And a final thought to go out on: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." Phil 4:6-8
I do so love and appreciate you all.
I would like to particularly mention three people at this time: Psi and Talen and Trav.
Psi, my boy, my love, who takes care of me when he is down himself and cooks for me because I am too tired to do so. Psi who holds me when I cry and when the panic overwhelms me so that I cannot tell him what is wrong and who wants so much for me. Psi who is so tolerant of all my faults and failings and who bears with me, even when I don't have the words to tell him what's wrong. He is mine and I love him, more than anything except God himself.
Talen, my much treasured friend and truly a marvel, who has shown such patience in my struggles to deal with my past. Talen who has given more than he has to give and yet keeps on giving. Talen who has been gentle and understanding, despite illness, despite stress, despite all the things that are on his plate. I love him dearly and appreciate all he does more than I can say, though I wish he would take more care of himself and let me try to help him as he helps me.
And Trav, a new friend and an rare wonder, who has given me so much in the short time I've known him. Trav who has given me the joy of his conversation and company and much insight into new worlds. Trav who has moved me with his talents with words and description and with his eye for beauty and meaning and poignance. Trav who possesses a warmth and generosity and patience and courage I was not expecting but truly cherish, an intelligence and depth of knowledge and humour I was expecting and hold in high regard. Trav who volunteered and keeps volunteering, who talks to me when I'm panicking and makes things so much better. *hugstight*
For all of you, I thank God and pray to Him for health and happiness and security, for growth and grace in change and good will, for love and the strength to carry on in adversity and the daily reminder that you are all good people of extraordinary talents.
And a final thought to go out on: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things." Phil 4:6-8
I do so love and appreciate you all.
4 comments:
awww...feeling very loved.
and here's some love for you.
"you don't smile enough. if you saw yourself the way God saw you, you'd smile alot."-conversations with God.
much love hon, hope all is well.
This is a nasty bit of timing, but I happened to be cleaning out my blog inbox and came across this. I was reminded of what I meant to say at the time but never got around to...
Religion is all well and good, but two of these people you're thanking god for are strongly atheistic or agnostic. Don't you think you should do them the respect of thanking them for themselves, as well as god? When you don't believe in god, having him get credit for your caring and effort is pretty demeaning.
Point duly noted, though I was considering the publicising of this as a thank you to people for being themselves.
That said, thank you all for you! *hugs*
Cool ^_^
Post a Comment