21 September, 2007

sweet and sour

Wandering around YouTube, I came across this, the music video for the theme song of the Australian television show Sweet and Sour from the early 80s.



It's so... 80s. ;p The show was about a fictional band called The Takeaways and the video clips actually appeared on things like Countdown. While most of the songs were written and performed by Deborah Conway and Sharon O'Neill, the video clips show the actors from the show lip-syncing and miming playing the instruments.

Curiously, I mimed playing the keyboard to this when I was seven years old, at school in front of assembly with a group of other girls. Seem oddly given the nature of the song and the show, like the added meaning that comes with the cross-dressing in Twelfth Night if you consider the fact that female roles would have been played by young men.

No comments: