25 November, 2007

quirks

Is it strange that, with the Liberals out and Howard in the verge of losing the seat he's held for over thirty years, that I feel sorry for the guy rather than vindicated? I mean, I think he shouldn't have been prime minister as long as he was, that he did some real damage to the country in some ways and I'm glad that the Liberals are no longer in power. But to potentially be the second prime minister in the country's history to actually lose his seat as well as his position as prime minister has got to bite, especially when he's convinced he was one of the best things that happened to the country. So now I just feel sorry for him.

But enough politics. Good or bad, Rudd's in and that's what we're stuck with for the next while anyway. May he take care of the individuals who make up the society he's paid to lead.

No comments: