26 November, 2007

'twixt the twain

A creepy curiosity courtesy of Psi: part of a film released in 1985 called The Adventures of Mark Twain, which was apparently animated segments of various bits of pieces of Twain's work.



As my Dragon pointed out, someone needs to talk to the kid in the green. If Satan invites you along, you don't beckon to your friends, call out "Come on!" and leap through the door after him.

I love that shifting mask in place of a face, though, especially coupled with those long full skirts. The sense of daintiness and grace, of elegance it gives. Elegance that doesn't quite conceal the nothingness underneath, that still expresses the personality of the beast.

While I'm on the topic, presenting for anyone looking for a literary laugh and who has as low an opinion of James Fenimore Cooper as I do (he wrote The Last of the Mohicans for those who lack a frame of reference) , Mark Twain's Fenimore Cooper's Literary Offences.

No comments: