*Warning: this is a winge.*
I'm in Sydney, looking after my beautiful old dog while MaD are in Broken Hill, taking care of my grandfather. And I wish I was in Wollongong with my Psi who had to go back yesterday for class. It is freezing here (so much colder than the 'Gong) and I can't turn on the AC because it costs too much to run and my father doesn't notice the cold (and would notice the increase in the power bill). I'm tired and sore (the travelling really takes it out of me): I feel like I've run a marathon, been hit by a train and then set upon by thugs. And I haven't the energy to get in touch with my friends down here and everyone else is far far away. And I miss my ADSL connection.
And I want my Psi.
Give me sympathy. Make me feel loved!
9 comments:
Don'w dwell on the bad, count your blessings
i second hook there plus isn't ac for cooling, that was just a ponderance. think happy thoughts my friend and all will be well.
Break into your dad's study and play his computer. Seriously, by all accounts, he's got an awesome collection of nifty games.
In other news, as this is a perfectly reliable and fair thing to whinge about, I extend full sympathy and cuddles, complete with hot chocolate and little bunny froo-froos. Also, six tons of flax and a small tree in celebration of arbour day.
Oh yeah, and Matt's a tosser, pass it on. ;p
I've already raided my father's collection of games. I now have Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate 1 (and expansion), Baldur's Gate 2 (and expansion), Icewind Dale 1(and expansion), and Icewind Dale 2. And I'm halfway through Planescape. Huzzah! See my blessings. Oh, and I've watched the first 2 episodes of Firefly. It has this weird sentimentality which is absent in Buffy and Angel. And it feels like Joss has tapped into the lost little boy who just really wanted to be a cowboy and an astronaut.
Btw, Talen, you are so adorable.
(laughs) I do believe at one point I was called a Fool in the best sense of the world (ooh, Elizabethan, ooh, British, ooh, topical humour!).
From what I can understand, the real reason Firefly failed was because Joss made a conscious decisions to make TV like a book.
Looking at the structure of Firefly, I say 'That's a novel', rather than 'That's a TV series'. There's no real wonder it failed (and let's not leap up on down on Fox, they didn't conspire to kill it, they just didn't do as much to save it as they could have), because while it's great and enjoyable and a lot of fun to people like us, who read sci-fi novels, it's not that amazing as a television show; the pacing's not nearly as accurate.
Note, I haven't seen it, I've just read overviews and summaries, and analysese.
Also, to anyone who's seen Constantine, is anyone else pissed off that the screecher beetle didn't wind up being relevant? It's the shotgun principle, people!
no actually firefly failed because sadly it was on the fox network which likes to show great, amazing shows and then cancel them. check my livejournal if you really want my opinon on them at the moment.
i really didn't find it sentimental at all. did have the old west feel but that was the point, put an old type western in space and see what happens. you still have joss' humor and subtle critque of life, it's just in a more old fashioned form.
didn't really pay much attention to the screeching beetle in constantine, although i do remember it being used at one point. so it wasn't introduced for nothing.
My sympathy I bequeath unto thee (I have Aeon Flux, he he he).
BTW when are you comming back???
Ack! You were in Sydney? I didn't know!!!
We could have caught up!
P.S.: Can you mail me your mailing address? Thanks :)
Post a Comment