09 July, 2005

there is no spoon

To those who are interested, by way of explaining what any given day is like for me since I became ill, I offer this.

And yes, despite the fact that I have CFS rather than Lupus, this is very much what I feel like. Every day.

2 comments:

Phillip Street said...

I found the article very interesting, it was a great way to describe the unseen illnesses that affect people like yourself. I just read over Matt's blog where he applied the analogy to his own life.

Sorry to say Matt, I don't agree with the article being applied to everyone.

On the whole it helped to deepen my understanding and made me think on the topic a little more in depth. I even went to the extent of doing some research for myself on the topic of Lupus and CFS. I realise that in my life I take so much for granted and don't stop to appreciate even the simple things that occur.

Hopefully soon they'll come up with some way to cure these diseases (along with AIDS/HIV and Cancer). I'll definitely be more understanding in the future when it comes to people who suffer these conditions.

/Karen/ said...

Wow, such a good link. Thanks for giving it to us! I am sorry that you feel like that every day and I will continue to pray for you.

Lots and lots of love.